United States Air Force Selects PTC Service Parts Management to Optimize Its Supply Chain
PTC Service Parts Management SaaS Solution to Improve Weapon Systems Availability While Simultaneously Reducing Operational Costs
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170131005204/en/
PTC Service Parts Management SaaS will enable the
The USAF is highly respected for managing one of the most complex supply chains in the world with over 5,000 aircraft, 650,000 items, and supports weapon systems in 1,500 locations across a global theatre of operations. PTC Service Parts Management, delivered as a SaaS model, will enable the USAF to more efficiently manage its supply chain, as well as improve the inventory performance of its operations.
PTC Service Parts Management SaaS will enable the USAF to improve demand
forecast accuracy, reduce planning workload, implement comprehensive
supply planning with supportability, achieve near real-time supply chain
metrics, improve logistics cost estimation, and optimize aircraft
availability by location. By leveraging the solution in the PTC Cloud,
the USAF will be able to collaborate and share information in a safe and
- Demand Planning to generate independent (unscheduled) and dependent (scheduled) forecasts, including the expert selection of forecasting algorithms, and the application of causal factors such as flying hours.
- Inventory Optimization to achieve specified weapon system availability while simultaneously minimizing inventory investment and adhering to financial constraints, combining Readiness Based Sparing (RBS) principles, aircraft uptime, and fill rate optimization along with other business rules.
- Supply Planning capabilities to produce a supply and distribution plan to correlate repair, purchase, and (re)distribution orders with current or future demands. Distribution planning aligns assets to support weapon system availability and to proactively manage material shortages at maintenance/operating locations.
- Exception Management with robust error reporting and event management capabilities to alert users to pertinent information, and make autonomous recommendations to reconcile exceptions within discrete planner work queues for demand planning, inventory optimization and supply planning.
- Performance Management capabilities with analytics, data stratification, metrics, reporting, and dash-boarding capabilities to support root-cause and what-if analyses.
"The USAF has one of the largest, most complex supply chains in the
PTC Service Parts Management is also being used by leading aerospace and
defense organizations, such as the
- PTC Service Parts Management for Aerospace and Defense
- Emerging Requirements for Optimization of Military Asset Management
- PTC Service Lifecycle Management (SLM)
- PTC Cloud Services
Transformation: Evolving Your Service Business in the Era of
Harvard Business Review: "How Smart, Connected Products are Transforming Companies," authors PTC CEO Jim Heppelmannand Harvard Professor Michael Porter
The announcement of a customer's selection of PTC software is not necessarily indicative of the timing of the related booking, recognition of related revenue, or the amount of revenue for any particular period, or that any related applicable implementation and deployment activities are complete.
About PTC (NASDAQ: PTC)
PTC has the most robust
News Provided by Acquire Media