PTC Introduces PTC PLM Cloud
New PTC Windchill SaaS offerings for small and midsized companies
Recognizing that many SMB organizations may lack a dedicated IT staff but still want to adopt a proven PLM environment, PTC designed PTC PLM Cloud specifically to enable team collaboration and data management in the cloud. This flexible offering eliminates the typical, but risky, SMB practice of shared folders and file naming conventions which hamper product development. With more effective and reliable data sharing in the cloud, customers are able to improve product development across teams in different locations, teams working with varying CAD applications, and with external teams such as partners and suppliers who are a growing part of the product development process.
"The value of PTC PLM Cloud is clear," said
Specific benefits of PTC PLM Cloud are:
- Security. PTC's cloud environment is compliant with ISO 27001:2013 which outlines standard protocols for information security management.
- Availability. PTC PLM Cloud is based on PTC's existing hosted PLM environment which achieves 99.5% availability.
- Speed. PTC PLM Cloud performance has been optimized for distributed teams.
- Time-to-Value. PTC PLM Cloud enables rapid PLM adoption and accelerated product development processes, enabling improved on-time delivery.
- Total Cost of Ownership. PTC PLM Cloud allows for reduced technology acquisition and system administration costs.
"This solution is a true fully-featured PLM offering, including
multi-CAD data management and collaboration," said
"Our main objective when deciding for PTC Windchill on the Cloud was to
have central repository of up-to-date product information and efficient
delivery of that data to customers and technical support staff, but at
the same time to minimize the burden on IT while maintaining a
predictable monthly cost," said
PTC PLM Cloud will be available
- A shared, pre-configured PTC Windchill instance that enables immediate go-live
- A dedicated PTC Windchill instance that supports customer-specific system configuration
- A dedicated PTC Windchill instance that supports customer-specific system configuration and integrations to corporate systems
For more information, please visit the PTC PLM Cloud Resource page.
The timing of any product release and the features and functionality of that product are subject to change at PTC's discretion.
PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) enables manufacturers to achieve sustained product and service advantage. The company's technology solutions transform the way products are created, operated, and serviced across the entire product lifecycle - from conception and design to sourcing and service. Founded in 1985, PTC employs over 6,000 professionals serving more than 28,000 businesses in rapidly evolving, globally distributed manufacturing industries worldwide. Get more information at www.ptc.com.
PTC, the PTC logo and Windchill are trademarks or registered
News Provided by Acquire Media